Happy National Tattoo Day! Show me your ink and I’ll show you mine! Here are our picks for favorite tattooers in the RVARead More
Increase Your Curb Appeal
Maintaining your home’s curb appeal has never been more important than now because many homebuyers begin their home search online. After all, once potential buyers see a home they like online, they’re more likely to schedule a showing or drive by the property to see the home in person.
This month, I’m sending information intended to help you improve your home’s curb appeal, including eight tips designed to make the home’s exterior and landscape appear more attractive to potential buyers. Not thinking of selling right now? These tips will also help you maintain your biggest investment—your home—and make it the pride of your neighborhood, until the day you decide to list.
If you’re thinking of listing your home this spring, give me a call! Even if you’re not thinking of listing now, I can offer tips to help you improve your home’s value and connect you with reputable service professionals in my network who can help.
Click for larger image or click below for full download
April 11th marks National Pet Day! There are tons of abandoned pets who end up in local shelters. They need love and care too. Sometimes their owners become ill and cannot take care of them any longer. National Pet Day is to help those animals less fortunate. Whether it's food, toys, or pet supplies, take some time drop by to donate to your local shelters.
Check out these local shelters that would gladly accept food, treats, toys, and general pet supplies.
Donation drop off hours:
Monday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday noon to 5 p.m.
We are so very proud and excited to announce that we are the official real estate team sponsoring the Richmond Kickers this season! We kicked it off this Saturday at City Stadium with friends, family and fun. The Sean Priest Team and Hometown represent!
Take the Stress Out of Tax Time This Year
Albert Einstein once said, “The hardest thing in the world to understand is income tax.” Luckily, tax preparers and DIY tax software take much of the mystery out of the process. Whether you prepare your taxes yourself or send them to a professional, it’s still important to collect and sort your information, including any changes in status or economics that occurred during the year.
The information I’m sending this month is intended to prepare you for tax time. Page one provides a list of financial details you may need to gather ahead of time to make the process easier, as well as some tips to help you get your refund faster. Page two outlines steps to take to help you protect your identity from thieves who wish to gain access to your information.
Tax season doesn’t have to be stressful. With a bit of preparation, the process becomes a breeze.
Click for larger image or click below for full download
In Like a Lion, Roar Like a Woman
On March 8, 2018, We celebrate International Women's Day! The Sean Priest Team would like to celebrate by saying how proud we are of the strong, courageous, intelligent, and mighty women around the world. From Technology to Beauty, we honor those women who have created paths and help make this world a better place.
Check out Forbes Magazine's 100 most Powerful Females in the World!
The Sean Priest Team, Real Estate Sponsors of The Richmond Kickers
Sean Priest Team is proud to announce is an exclusive real estate sponsor of the Richmond Kickers soccer team! Our love for soccer and RVA all rolled into one and how we show our client appreciation. We want to invite you join us for some of this season's games. Stay tuned for more details. Make sure you check to see where we will also be watching WORLD CUP 2018!
TEACHERS! Get ready because The Sean Priest Team wants to invite you to a special Trolley Tour around RVA. Did you know that there are special programs and loans designed just for teachers? We want to help you find your dream home! Come hang out with us on the trolley and receive valuable information regarding your teaching home loan and home buying assistance.
RVA Professionals Network
Looking to make some new friends? Maybe you're a business owner that wants to increase your referral business? Perhaps you are looking to make connections with other skilled professionals? We host a Business to Business (B2B) each month to give you this opportunity. JOIN US. BRING A FRIEND. BUILD A HIVE.
You Could Win A FREE Pancake Breakfast!
Who doesn't love delicious pancakes! We are celebrating National Pancake Day by collecting your pancake images today. Just tag #SPTRVA and they will display on our website. We will then choose a winner for a FREE pancake breakfast!
Who is your favorite tile company in RVA? Check out our favorites:
McPherson Tile and Stone
Chris and his team always do a meticulous job and specialize in Tile and Stone Installation, Curbless Showers, Radiant Heat, Bathroom Renovations and Kitchen Floors.
Todd may not have a website, but is a highly recommended and affordable installer of tile. Give him a call at: (804) 439-0948
Oscar Davila of Davila Custom Tile Works
Oscar specializes in Tile, Marble, General Contracting, Glass, Ceramic Tile. He is super efficient and does masterful work. Give him a call at: (804) 370-9922
Celebrate our furry friends and show us the love you have for your pets!!
Give 'em an extra treat, a longer rub, or just spend a little more time throwing the frisbee. Our homes are made better by these additional family members.
We want to see you and your pets! Hashtag your Instagrams posts: #sptpets
Tomorrow is National Pizza Day and we LOVE pizza. Join us in the celebration and tag those pizza photos with #sptrvapizza
When you tag your photos/posts of your most favorite local pizza, you'll enter for a chance to win a FREE pizza!
Luckily we live in a town where pizza is prized. Here are our favorites around town, feel free to share yours!
Our Top Five Pizza Places in RVA
8 1/2 Pizza
401 Strawberry St
If you are a fan of Mama Zu Edo's, or Dynamo, you'll have no complaint about 81/2's pie. Their sandwiches rock as well!
2110 E Main St
Looking for romance, a good glass of red and real Italian flair? Nota Bene brings it all in a beautiful setting and the pizza is quite delicious.
Jo Jo's Pizza
1201 E. Main Street
Want to feel like you're getting a slice in New York? This is the closest you'll get to authentic New York style pizza. They have a great two slice lunch special and it's the perfect work pizza.
Museum District: 602 North Belmont Avenue
Short Pump: 201 Towne Center West Blvd, #703
Belmont is the late night go to. Opened late and with open arms, Belmont hits the spot after an epic happy hour with all it's Sicilian goodness.
It's not in RVA, but it is by far worth it for a day trip of orchard visiting. Located in Crozet, VA, this joint has an excellent beer selection, fantastic service, and the pizza is LEGIT.
How Do You Secure Your Information Following Theft?
As more people rely on the internet to shop, bank, file taxes and more, thieves are finding more ways to steal personal information. While many people take the necessary precautions to keep their details safe, thieves may still be able to attain personal information by hacking into the systems of larger businesses. How can you make sure you’re secure and what steps can you take if your information is stolen?
This month, I’m digging deeper into the topic of identity theft, specifically discussing the rise of data breaches. Sometimes, despite your best efforts to protect your identity, you may still be compromised—as the 143 million people impacted by the EquiFax data breach learned. Page one outlines what to do if you learn you’re the victim of a data breach, from monitoring your credit reports and accounts to placing fraud alerts and freezes on your credit file to prevent thieves from using what was stolen. Page two outlines the specific steps to take if your banking and credit card information or driver’s license information has been stolen.
Although the thought of a thief having access to your online identity is frightening, this piece is intended to empower you to take control should you ever find yourself in the position where your information has been compromised.
Click for larger image or click below for full download
Thinking About Selling This Spring? List now to maximize your potential value!
You may have heard it said that “the winter real estate season is slow.” Or that, “no one is really buying or selling over the holidays.” The truth is, the holidays are a PERFECT time to list your home and maximize your value. If you’re considering waiting till spring to sell you may want to consider these 9 reasons to come on the market early!
Did you know….
9. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring when there are traditionally more houses on the market which could ultimately drive prices down. This could mean you sell high and buy low.
8. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
7. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the Holidays. We keep you in control.
6. January is traditionally a month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers cannot wait until Spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture the market.
5. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
4. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a work week. And those buyers tend to be more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
3. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
2. When supply goes down it means there is a greater opportunity to capture motivated buyers AND a better sales price for you.
1. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you. People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
What a year 2017 was! We want to follow it up with more joy, more laughter, and more business of course! We're here all the year through to answer your questions, sell your home or help you with finding a new one! Contact Us today and let's begin anew!
It's here. The Winter! We all want to save money and prevent damage caused by the Winter months. Here are some very easy and cost effective things from Mid-Atlantic Home Improvement that you can do to help your home in the coming cold months.
With the cold-weather months settling in, homeowners are looking for ways to shut out the elements to maintain optimal indoor comfort and energy efficiency.
Performing some relatively simple improvements and winterizing tasks before ice and snow settle in can save you a lot of money, hassle and headache during the winter season.
14 Money-Saving Tips for Winterizing Your Home
6 Smart Outdoor and Exterior Winterizing Tasks
Beginning outside, here are six tips to help seal your home’s building envelope and prevent potentially costly problems:
- Clear eaves and gutters of autumn leaves and debris. Making sure that water can flow freely through your gutters now will help prevent icicles and ice dams from forming later.
- Turn off the water supply to all faucets and fixtures that service exterior locations.
- Locate and seal off any cracks or gapsin your home’s shell with caulking, especially around window frames. Cold air seeping in and warm inside air leaking out accounts for major energy waste – simple leaks can sap home energy efficiency by 5% to 30% a year. Seal up gaps with caulking and weatherstripping especially around doors and entry points.
- Cover drafty windows and patio or deck doorways with an insulating layer of clear plastic, or better yet replace older windows with energy-efficient one, if you can.
- Fix any roofing problems like aging or missing shingles. Repairing minor defects before winter arrives can help prevent larger and more costly problems heading into spring.
- Get your chimney inspected & cleaned – a chimney sweep can check the structure of your flue and remove any combustibles or obstructions in your chimney.
8 Effective Ways to Winterize Your Outbuildings and Interiors
Follow up by making money-saving improvements to outbuildings and interior spaces:
- Seal off drafty doors with rubber strips, or install new storm doors to help energy efficiency.
- Replace filters monthly during heating season – dirty filters restrict airflow and increase energy demand. Replacing them regularly will improve your furnace’s efficiency and longevity saving your money along the way.
- Change your ceiling fan direction. Counterclockwise rotation produces cooling breezes and clockwise rotation produces warmer air. Changing the direction of your ceiling fans will circulate the air pooled near the ceiling back down – cutting your heating costs as much as 10%.
- Wrap water heaters and exposed indoor pipes that transport hot water with insulation to help prevent any energy loss.
- Upgrade insulation in key areas, including attics, basement ceiling, exterior walls and around electrical sockets; this can help reduce your heating costs by keeping a more warm air inside the home and inhibiting thermal transfer.
- Install a programmable thermostat to create an optimized, automated heating schedule that keeps your home warm when people are home and saves energy when the house is vacant. And remember, for every degree you lower the thermostat during the heating season, you’ll save between 1 and 3% of your heating bill.
- Seal the ducts – in an average system, 10% to 30% of heated air escapes from ducts. Have a professional test and fix any duct issues – you’ll pay once and save for years to come.
- Have a licensed technician perform a check of your furnace to make sure it’s operating as efficiently and safely as possible and is equal to the challenge of keeping your home warm all winter. Why invest in a professional tune-up? Keeping your furnace clean, lubricated and properly adjusted will reduce energy use, saving up to 5% of heating costs.
Above are some of the most effective ways to save money by winterizing your home the smart way – if you looking for an additional challenge, here’s 50 more ways to save.
These low-cost, high-reward strategies help reduce energy inefficiencies while supporting improved indoor comfort all winter long, all while guarding against potentially costly mishaps. Use them to ward off the cold, reduce your risks and maintain the overall integrity of your home.