Photos by: Wes Burnham, The Burnham Company
All photos can be enlarged or zoomed in by clicking on them.
Historical Documentation provided by Louisa County Historical Society
Any and all inquiries on this property and it's parcels, please contact Sean Priest at 804.334.6358 or email us at email@example.com
Classic Country Domain...
Welcome to your new home in Hickory Forest in Historic Louisa County!
It's the property you've been looking for! Built in 1752, this 3100+ square foot home is rich with historic character and beautifully situated. Located in the picturesque foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Louisa County offers a balance between the peaceful life in rural communities and everything an urban center has to offer. Just east of Charlottesville and 40 minutes west of Richmond, a beautiful drive awaits.The land is beautifully mature and varied with two ponds and Cub Creek running through the property.
Walk into the front foyer to find hardwood flooring throughout. On your right you will find a heavenly lit large formal living room equipped with portrait molding and brick fireplace with decorative mantle. Original glass windows and plenty of room for meeting and greeting.
Do you feel you need a more of a relaxed atmosphere? Come on over to the family room. Crown molding surrounds this cozy room which is equipped with a gas burning fireplace and ceiling fan. In between the family and living rooms lies some ample storage space, perfect for those knitting needles or quilts.
Lower Level: One of the best qualities of this home is its ability to split in two and provide privacy and separation. While you relax and entertain on one side, you can rest and play on the other. The back access to the home includes a screened in sleeping porch and enters into a wide foyer with coat closet. A Large bedroom (Master optional) with portrait molding, ceiling fan, and fireplace, provides a comfortable setting for a good night's sleep. Across the hall lies a full bathroom with tub and an additional room which would make a fantastic office or children's play area or additional bedroom and includes a closet.
Basement Level. Feeling peckish? Let's venture downstairs to the kitchen adorned with stainless steel appliances, electric stove top cooking, and side outdoor access. Plenty of room for eat-in capabilities with servant stair access and storage underneath. The separate dining area is rich with exposed hand hewn wood beamed ceiling and ceramic tile floors. A gas log burning fireplace enhances warm holiday meals or a romantic candlelit rendezvous. The pantry also resides here just outside the kitchen. Here you will also find the remnants of cell bar impressions on the windows where the sheriff held his prisoners in between jails. Outdoor access is also available from the dining area. This home is rich in Virginia History.
Upper Levels. Up the stairs and to the left, leads you to a beautiful Master bathroom equipped with Jacuzzi tub and an eye opening view of the sky and land. Rough-in shower is ready to go and has been inspected. Bathroom just needs the finishing touches and you can enjoy a wonderful bathing sanctuary. To the right, lies a possible bedroom with a trunk room/nursery in between. Attic access is also available which has tons of storage space as well.
Down the stairs and to the other side of the home and up again, you'll find two additional rooms, perfect for a private study or bedroom with decorative fireplaces.
We love the historic features in the home as well as the modern updates. With a little love, this house will go a long way for you and your family, not to mention it retains such chronicled history. It truly is a unique home that can be envisioned into a grand estate.
The Available Properties Highlights.
Property with the house:
- Sits on 50 acres, approximately 40 acres of which is wooded
- The remaining 10 acres are two fields, two ponds, the house, shed, equipment shed, barn, smokehouse, garden, and asparagus garden
- Smokehouse – dirt floor mainly used for storage
- Equipment shed – used for storage of tractor and implements, boats, etc. – structurally sound, though the tree next to it will need to be taken out
- Barn – structurally sound, used for storage, would need repair to house livestock
- Shed – approximately 40’ by 100’ with a small (10x10’) lockable room, dirt floor except for small room which is concrete
- Garden – approximately half an acre in size
- Asparagus garden – 4 rows of mature asparagus plants that will grow each year with little to no maintenance
- Large pond – approximately ½-3/4 acre in size stocked with catfish, brim, and largemouth bass
- Small pond – approximately an 1/8 of an acre and was stocked, but not fished much, not sure about activity level in pond
- A creek runs through the property from the large pond to the rear most point of the property and serves as an overflow for the pond
There are numerous cut trails through the property that are wide enough to drive a vehicle on
Wonderful hunting opportunities with deer and turkey being plentiful, little to no hunting pressure from surrounding landowners
Former plantation and with notions of an Indian tribe having been on the property previous to the house as pottery and arrowheads frequently were frequently found when turning the soil over in the garden
Property across the road:
- Approximately 110 acres, mostly wooded with approximately 15 acres of fields
- A few cut trails wide enough to drive down
- Cub Creek runs through the property with a log “bridge” over it that is not suitable to drive over
- There is an old mill site on the property on Cub Creek
- There are two ice pits on the property that used to serve the plantation house prior to refrigeration
STATUS: New Listing
We have 4 parcels listed separately totaling 152.75 including the home, 25 cleared acres, 127 wooded acres that have not been cut in over 40 years.
$720,000 total list price of 4 parcels sold separately
Total Assessment of all parcels: $765,300.
Property w/Home: 48.24 Acres/$400,000
Parcel 1 (82-91): 56.51 Acres/$175,000
Parcel 2 (82-92): 9.01 Acres/$45,000
Parcel 3 (82-106): 39 Acres/$100,000
If sold all together in one package, total price decreases. Perfect for farming, livestock, a horse farm, tree farm, gardening, etc.
- Equipment Shed
- Great Tax Credits
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Full Baths
- 7 Fireplaces
- 2-zoned HVAC (2013)
- New Hot Water Heater (2018)
- Chimney Rebuilds (2012)
- Roof Replaced (2008)
- Stainless Steel Appliances
- Water Pump (2017)
- Water Treatment System (2015)
- Hardwood Floors
- Ceiling Fans
- Jacuzzi Tub
- Portrait and Crown Molding
- Underneath Stairwell Storage
- Full Functional Attic with Panel Access
- Washer/Dryer Hookup
- Screened in Sleeping Porch
Living and Lifestyle
- Greyhaven Winery
- Cooper Vineyards
- Lickinghole Creek Brewery
- Coyote Hole Ciderworks
- Louisa Arts Center
- Betty Queen Recreation Center
- Louisa County Aquatic Facility
- Louisa Disc Golf Course
- Lake Anna State Park
- Louisa Street Festival
- Concerts in the Park
- Agricultural Fair
- Louisa County Restaurant Week
- Variety of Park & Rec sponsored activities for all ages
- Obrigado Restaurant
- Floozies Pie Shop
- Tavern on the Rail
- Callie Opie's Orchard
- Sabor a Mexico
- Frostie's Rail Sto
Your Go-Getter Real Estate Team.
Schedule a private showing with us!